Monday, June 29, 2009

Thing 8 - Facebook

Well, I had created a facebook account a couple of 'things' ago, as a friend had created one and sent me an invite. I am very very leary of the public view of private info. I am by nature a private person so giving out info that can be seen on a world wide view is just not me. I also lack confidence in the security of facebook. In theory, only people I invite can see my info, but, with so many stories of banks, corporations, and government sites being cracked why not Facebook. Not that most of the info is all that hard to get other ways, however, having been a victim of identity theft, I view things a lot more suspiciously.

On the upside I have already connected with a good friend from high school. Another friend posts frequently and her son has told her she is known as a 'lurker' so I guess there will be a whole new vocab to learn.

I haven't told my sons yet about my facebook page and haven't posted a pic yet(gotta find a good one!) . Not sure what my sons reaction will be but mostly likely a little bit of everything, positive and negative. I wonder if they will let me be their friend?

No comments:

Post a Comment