Monday, May 25, 2009

Thing 2

Listening to Stephen Abram the first thing I was struck by is his enthusiasm for 23 Things, technology, and libraries. I thought his point about librarians can invent whatever once they understand the technology and you only understand by doing. I have always thought the best way to judge how well you know a subject or topic is covered by "can I teach others on this subject?" Start teaching a topic and you will discover soon how well versed you really are on the topic. Also Abram is right about finding the time to do 23 things - is a choice. A choice and, as I have found already, alot of re-reading. Reflection will come as I progress through the 23 things and gain a little bit of competency.

What is Web 2.0 is an example of something that I have already re-read parts of several times(and I have printed it out for future reading). Getting a sense of history and the differences between 1.0 and 2.0 was very helpful. Seeing how Amazon has taken the basic data and enhanced it was an example that I could relate to since I am an Amazon customer and was familiar with the site. I was also interested to learn what RSS is as well as permalinks as these are terms I see but had no idea what they meant. Also the different approaches of releasing new features or upgrades of Microsoft and Google was interesting. I am sure it will take several readings before I have a handle on What is Web 2.0

No comments:

Post a Comment